Thursday, June 24, 2010

Is Keflex a succesfull anti biotic for clearing up acne?

I have acne on my face, but its really not that bad. I would consider moderate acne. My aunt who is a doctor put me on a anti biotic which is keflex. She said keflex takes away the bacteria from your body. I used it for 4 days and my acne got worse, I jumped off it. She told me too increase the medicine. Should I stay on it or try something else?Is Keflex a succesfull anti biotic for clearing up acne?
My mom's a dr, too, and she says doxycycline is best....Is Keflex a succesfull anti biotic for clearing up acne?
Hey, she's the doctor...I'd probably listen. In any case, Keflex is a terrific agent for removing/preventing infections after surgery. I had the pleasure after having a little work done on my back...it wasn't pretty. In any case, I've never heard of anyone taking big K as an acne remedy...unless your aunt suspects that you have cystic acne (which, truth be told looks more like leprosy than mild teenage acne like what you're describing!). I'd go back to washing my face with a mild abrasive like St. Ives' Apricot Scrub (found in any grocery store or Wal Mart) and warm water. Follow that up with a good wash with a glycerine soap such as Neutrogena. Then rinse with cold water. This is a little trick my dermatologist showed me years ago. The warm water excites your pores and opens them up so that you can unclog them easier and then splashing some cold water on your face and patting dry causes them to retract making it slightly more difficult to clog them further. One last thing, washing daily with that combo will dry out your skin despite the fact that you're not using anything with alcohol in it like Oxy 10 (keep away from that crap) so make sure you apply a small amount of lotion on your face. If you don't feel comfortable borrowing mom's post-shaving lotion by all means buy an inexpensive and unscented lotion. The less stuff you put on your face (i.e. perfumed lotions or any overly oily lotions with dyes) the better off you'll be. It seems like a lot but I keep my face free and clear (even thirty-year olds get acne...so don't think it ends with your teenage years) with this daily regimen and it only takes me about five minutes at the sink...even less time when I take care of it while I'm showering. Good luck!
  • php web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    small business loans