Thursday, June 24, 2010

What are some acne fighting products that are advisable to use during pregnancy?

You can get a prescription for Clindamycin which really helps. I have a prescription for it and have been using it throughout my entire pregnancy so far, because I had acne problems to start with and they got worse when I got pregnant. I was on it before pregnancy, because I told the doctor I was trying to get pregnant and they switched me from Erythromycin to Clindamycin, which is safe to use during pregnancy. My OB actually prescribed it to me. She also said that you can use mild acne washes, such as Neutrogena, as long as you wash it right off and don't let it sit on your face for long. It is just used to get rid of the oil on your face. Not enough will get absorbed to harm the baby. I'm 27 weeks along right now and my baby is doing absolutely wonderful...no problems with her. I've had a few complications with my cervix and so I've had lots of ultrasounds already.What are some acne fighting products that are advisable to use during pregnancy?
Hunny, Aveeno. has some great productsWhat are some acne fighting products that are advisable to use during pregnancy?
I know this is going to sound weird, but don't use over the counter products, becuase they contain ingredients that get absorbed into the skin. I used a natural scrub that you can make at home. If you take 1/4 of an avacado, and mash it, then mix 1/3 a cup of natural oatmeal, it makes a great exfoliant to sloff off the dry and dead skin, as well as helping with the acne.
Lemon juice mixed with rose water makes a wonderful tonic to be applied daily. You can also drink diluted lemon juice (add honey to taste) - it contributes to beautiful skin by helping your body get rid of toxins. Lime has a similar effect and can be used instead of lemon.Log on to http://tipsfromruby-acne.blogspot.com/ for a few home made tips to heal acne .
Don't use anything with acid. Just use good, natural cleansers, wash twice a day. I use products from Mario Badescu and my skin has been looking great!
If you are in the UK, use Simple Oil Control. The products are specially designed for sensitive skin so are perfect for use during pregnancy.
you should probably not use anything at all except your usual soap and water. I had terrible acne for a good two months and now that I've stopped trying to find anything and everything to stop it, its starting to get better. I asked my doctor about it and she said just to cleanse my face and not use anything.


I guess the less you stress about it and just get used to it, then it will get better. This little one of mine is stealing all my looks and I don't mind!!


Keep drinking lots of water.
Nothing. I had my baby 10 months ago and asked my doctor. Acne fighters have acid in them that get absorbed through the skin and aren't good for the baby. I just used antibacterial soup. Good luck! Hope I helped. P.S. Proactive is a big NO!!
Im wondering that cos I was using pro-activ before but I dont know if I can now
  • php web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    small business loans