Sunday, December 13, 2009

Can I use rubbing alcohol on my face for acne?

I have really bad acne, it covers almost my whole face. I have tried using everything, I was told today to use rubbing alcohol. Can I use rubbing alcohol for my face? How much do I put on? How Often?Can I use rubbing alcohol on my face for acne?
Yes, it is very effective in getting rid of the oils in you skin. Best way to use it is to grab a face cloth and cover the top of the bottle of alcohol and turn it upside down so the cloth gets wet within the rim of the bottle. Do this two or three times in seperate but next each other spots on the cloth before wiping face.





Heres something fun you should try. Wash your face with soap and then use the rubbing alcohol with a white cloth. That way you can see for yourself how much the soap is missing.





You can use it as often as you feel. Obviously only when you face feels oily. It can dry your skin out but it is better that way.





After using it, I recommend splashing your face with cold water to close your pores.





Hope this helps and good luck!Can I use rubbing alcohol on my face for acne?
NO! Do not use any form of alcohol on your face, it is TOO drying and if you use it too much your face will become so dry that it over compensates and produces oil therefore your face will be permanently greasy no matter what!.





Use a light cleanser %26amp; exfoliator %26amp;, and then perhaps a toner afterwards to tighten the pores, followed by a moisturiser to lock in that essential moisture. As long as you keep your skin clean by doing a simple facial routine and don't touch with dirty hands then you shall be okay and your acne will start to calm down. If not, it could be hormones and therefore your doctor can recommend you some treatments.
I never found rubbing alcohol to be effective. It just dries out your skin and makes more oil.





Go to the doctor and get some meds if you haven't already. Antibiotics or Accutane can help. Creams with the ingredient 'salicylic acid'; can help. Aspirin contains salisylate and you can dissolve an aspirin in some water and dab the water on your face twice a day, but it would be better to go to the doctor first.
It may be a little harsh on your skin. I use to use it, but it can sting a bit. A good natural remedy is witch hazel or pure tee tree oil. Tee tree oil stinks, but it is meant for acne. The only ';over the counter'; product that works for my skin is the Clean and Clear Persa Gel. Anything that has Benzoyl peroxide in the ingredients is best. Sasilic Acid is crap! Don't waste your money on this ingredient. If your acne is really bad, tell your doctor how you feel about it, and don't be embarrassed. They can give you some pills that will make your skin beautiful! It was my last resort when I had a special event coming up. It cleared everything...my skin never looked better! Make sure you get it a few months prior to your event though. Hope this helps!
You can but sometimes it is too harsh on your skin. Seriously increase your water. Believe it or not it makes a huge difference in your skin and your whole body for that matter. Decrease soda and chocolate as well. When my daughter does these things her skin is flawless when she doesn't she breaks out, and remember you are beautiful just the way you are. Have a great day! It is funny I just looked at your user name my daughter also uses chaotic in different combos for sites. She is 19.
No dont do that cure one pimple at a time





What I do when I get a pimple is put clean and clear acne spot treatment





Then put a band aid over it ( I do this before I go to sleep)





Wake up wash it off and it should be less swollen and less red





By the next day it should be gone or not noticeable at all














Good luck :]
I know that rubbing alcohol will dry it up. But it will also dry your face out. So just use it once daily. With a cotton ball, then use an unscented moisturizing lotion after wards. Like cetaphil. Good luck.
ooh let me know i have really bad acne too hey will you try answering my question too heres the link http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>



Look here hun...


http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Can+I+u鈥?/a>
R u kidding me? Your pic is wicked hot. Also don't try rubbing alcohol, it will do more harm than good. Go to the dermatologist
Yes you can! Put a little alcohol on a cotton ball and start cleaning.
I think it is a bit harsh, have you tried pro active, you can get it for $20.
witch hazel would be better, it doesn't dry your face out, and i use the acne free kit, and works as well as proactive.
I would think that would be really harsh on your skin and make it really really dry. but hey, try it and let us know what happens.
i'm not sure as that kills bacteria it just doesn't sound right. your pic is misleading then.
ehh i tried it...it doesn't work as well as u would expect

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
small business loans