Friday, December 11, 2009

Why does acne come back after taking Accutane for 8 months?

I am a 23 year old female who has suffered from acne all through my teenage years up until now. I was put on accutane for 8 months and it cleared things up perfectly. Now a year and a half after finishing the accutane I have severely broken out. I have an appointment with my family doctor this week. Has anyone been in my situation before? What has the doctor suggested??Why does acne come back after taking Accutane for 8 months?
i'd recommend that you stick with the medication. you may also want to try clearpores, acnezine, zenmed dermacleanse and proactiv, all of which ranked higher in the review of the best acne treatment products done by http://cureacnezone.com/acne-treatment/b鈥?/a> .Why does acne come back after taking Accutane for 8 months?
Acne is a chronic skin condition that is not curable. It is just manageable. There are three stages to acne, and maybe Accutane treats all three, I don't know. What probably happened when you went off it is that it took 8 months for the first crop of new plugs in your pores to move through the stages and erupt to the surface. Any time someone finds a treatment that works and then stops it, there's the chance the condition will return. Often we grow out of the physiological conditions that cause acne lesions, but just as often they continue, and we can even grow out and then grow back into them. I didn't develop acne till my early 40s. I had moderate but persistent acne for about 10 years. I tried multiple things that improved one stage which made my face clear up a little for a while, and then continue breaking out, because only one stage was being treated. Now I use Proactive Solution, and it works for me to keep my skin clear. It treats all three stages of acne. It's an unpleasant thing, but work with your doctor, and see what s/he thinks about Proactive. It's very gentle and shouldn't add to any dryness you might have with the Accutane. I'm older and it doesn't dry my skin at all. Maybe you could hit the acne hard with Accutane for a while, and keep it clear with the Proactive?
well that means that maybe an effect that accutane had was that you stop using it and you break out.it happened to me once.what i used was proactiv and clearasil but on some people those dont work.tell your doctor what happened and maybe he would recommend something else.hope i helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
small business loans