Sunday, December 13, 2009

Can using acne medication infrequently have the reverse effect?

I've used my sisters face scrub about 3-4 times in the last week (about every other day) and my acne has gotten MUCH worse. Usually I only have a one or two pimples, three at the most, but in the last two days I have had a huge breakout. No diet/excersize changes or any other significant lifestyle changes other than the face scrub.





The only conclusion I can come up with is that it says to use daily, and I used it about every other day. But that doesn't seem right.Can using acne medication infrequently have the reverse effect?
Yea, I know how you feel. When I was a teenager, some medications would only end up making my face worse. ProActiv was one of them, actually. Sometimes, over the counter meds don't provide much help. The only relief I got was using oral prescription meds after talking to my dermatologist. If you don't want to go that route, they can also prescribe topicals that are much better than what's out there on your local market shelf. I always wondered about diet and exercise. It really has no impact, IMO, in that I tried a lot of healthy binges. It would have a positive effect on my well-being, but wouldn't do much for my skin. Bottom line, if it is something that is bugging you so much that it interferes in your daily life or you are too self-conscious about it (which just causes even more stress, which doesn't help matters), it is best just to see a dermatologist ASAP and not rely on these over the counter medications.Can using acne medication infrequently have the reverse effect?
Face scrub can increase acne.





Read-


http://www.doctorgoodskin.com/ds/acne/
Usually at the beginning of any new acne traetment, you will get worse before you get better. Just keep using it and give it time, you should improve.
I've had acne for quiet a few years now and I've been on about six different prescribed medication, two of which actually worked. I've learned that you can still get breakouts every so often even though you're doing something to treat it. If the face scrub is working properly, your acne should die back down for a while pretty soon. If it's really bad, go to the doctors and they will start you on some medication to treat the acne from inside out.
Scrubbing our faces with harsh chemicals can definitely do a number on our skin. I've used a lot of different face washes/soap and I always felt like I was experimenting w/ zero positive results. Who wants to always be experimenting on their face?! I've slowly been changing to more ';natural'; products. Products that don't have a ton of chemicals in them or man made synthetic products. Sounds weird but I've started using pure emu oil. 100% natural, no chemicals or fragrance. Take a peek at www.cmonbackacres.com and see what you think. It's pretty amazing stuff and I will never go back to buying store bought face products again or any bottled chemical a doctor hands out. I've also heard that flax seed helps w/ acne. Although I don't know a whole lot about that....yet. You could put that in yahoo answer's search engine and see what comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
small business loans